Tuesday 16 December 2008

FX MoneyMap - does the market hold your view?




2 days - half a mil


Below is the setup for USDCHF about 45 minutes before CPI data. This is a classic vanilla trade. Four red columns to the down side from 1.1525. No one, in their right mind, is going to take a position before numbers. I waited to see which would move first. In fact it was USDJPY that cracked. As it moved down, I went short USDCHF - see "2 days - half a mil" link.
Four red columns below 1.1525 - SHORT USDCHF!

Before taking a position, I checked the 30 minute chart to make sure the market held the same view as me i.e. USDCHF was offered and there was plenty of overhead resistance to control the risk.
30 minute resistance
When I first identified the USDCHF opportunity the dynamic fib level was at 1.1525. About an hour after numbers, the level was 1.1520. That's why it's called 'dynamic'. I sold at 1.1517 and covered at 1.1510.


The end game



Regards
Morty

No comments: